Are these large roundworms?

Wormer bread sounds like the way to go! I have one hen who quit eating, so I'll probably have to try to dose her, and that's making me a nervous wreck. Thanks for the photo, that's very helpful! How do you her her mouth to open like that?

I asked about the molt because the ill one is molting. I'll probably go ahead with it because she's bad off and I dont have anything to lose at this point.
(Also, it would be nice to deworm everyone once everyone is molting because I won't have to worry about tossing eggs since there shouldn't be any. 😅)
I did see a thread about some people's chickens having curled feather regrowth after SafeGuard during a molt. Some people also said they didn't see that. 🤷‍♀️ Personally, I'd deworm during a molt if my chicken had such a heavy load of worms.

Pretty hard to hold a chicken's beak open like that. Honestly, I've never done it successfully, but I have just dripped the dewormer into the front of the beak about half a mL at a time.

I did see a thread about some people's chickens having curled feather regrowth after SafeGuard during a molt. Some people also said they didn't see that. 🤷‍♀️
😱 Weird!
Personally, I'd deworm during a molt if my chicken had such a heavy load of worms.
Me too. I might be able to hold off on deworming the others - they dont seem sick - but the one needs it now. So she's getting it. (The hen in question is the one in my post about the hen with a pale comb. https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...urple-comb-and-weakness.1489985/post-24844468 )

Pretty hard to hold a chicken's beak open like that. Honestly, I've never done it successfully, but I have just dripped the dewormer into the front of the beak about half a mL at a time.
Oohh I see. I may try that then. She is weak, so she may not fight me. But dripping sounds easier.

Corid is not a dewormer, it's a coccidiostat used to treat coccidiosis infections. You're going to need an actual dewormer like SafeGuard.
20210903_121857.jpg

I found safeguard. What is the chicken dosage for this? Because this is made for goats. I couldn't find anything else locally and I dont think I can wait to order anything online. I tried to search the site for a dosing chart for chickens and I'm not finding it.

View attachment 2821275

I found safeguard. What is the chicken dosage for this? Because this is made for goats. I couldn't find anything else locally and I dont think I can wait to order anything online. I tried to search the site for a dosing chart for chickens and I'm not finding it.
0.23 ml/lb of body weight with a 14 day egg toss.

Back
Top Bottom