Are these really australorps?

Phililorp

Chirping
Jul 16, 2020
We ordered a straight run of australorps but I think one of these (number 2) is obviously not one so now I'm wondering if any of them are. They are all 3.5 weeks old. Also, is it possible to tell if any of them are male or female?

Attachments

• Chick 1.jpg
    Chick 1.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Chick 2.jpg
    Chick 2.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Chick 3.jpg
    Chick 3.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Chick 4.jpg
    Chick 4.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Chick 5.jpg
    Chick 5.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Chick 6.jpg
    Chick 6.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Chick 7.jpg
    Chick 7.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 17
  • Chick 8.jpg
    Chick 8.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Chick 9.jpg
    Chick 9.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 15
We ordered a straight run of australorps but I think one of these (number 2) is obviously not one so now I'm wondering if any of them are. They are all 3.5 weeks old. Also, is it possible to tell if any of them are male or female?
Number 2 doesn’t look like australorp but also I think 7-9 might be pullets and probably 4 too

I don’t think you can tell gender at that age. I have one Australorp around the same age and she is black with white on the belly and face, kind of like a penguin. Number 2 does look different though!
Yeah number 2 also has a different personality than the rest it seems. S/he is more independent and inquisitive than the others. As an aside, number 3 seems to pick the most fights (by that I mean stretching necks and flapping wings) by far lol. I wonder if s/he will end up at the top of the pecking order.

Yeah number 2 also has a different personality than the rest it seems. S/he is more independent and inquisitive than the others. As an aside, number 3 seems to pick the most fights (by that I mean stretching necks and flapping wings) by far lol. I wonder if s/he will end up at the top of the pecking order.
Cute

Back
Top Bottom