Are these round works?

Rbrown369

Songster
Dec 21, 2019
Vancouver island. Bc. Canada.
Are these roundworms?
Skinny long white in all the chickens water buckets or random other buckets that have filled with water that they drink from like the one pictured.

These ones are dead I dumped out the water that had the live ones I have sitting water all over my yard like in buckets that do not have these worms in it.
It is only in the chicken pen where they drink.
We have tons of wild birds and earthworms around.
How do I get rid of these works??
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• B4DB65A7-91F9-49E4-A758-BD0EAAC5CE8D.jpeg
    B4DB65A7-91F9-49E4-A758-BD0EAAC5CE8D.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 15
They look like roundworms. Are their droppings in the waterer? Both Valbazen and SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer treat roundworms. We can give dosage if needed.

They look like roundworms. Are their droppings in the waterer? Both Valbazen and SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer treat roundworms. We can give dosage if needed.
I’ve never seen them drop but there’s lots in all there waterers the only thing my town has available is this piperazine so I just grabbed that (I’m in Canada also)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 13
I wouldn't think you'd find tons of round worms in waterers....
.....but maybe, if they are popping in the waterers.
Yeah im not sure cause I do not see poop on there at all.
The only thing I’m sure of is that it is chicken related since I checked every bucket and planter etc.. around my big yard that had sitting water and there’s not a single worm in any of them except the ones in the chicken pen that they drink from. Abd all those have it even a bowl I left out there by accident that filled with rain water that I see them drink out of lots.
but not really sure what they actually are. I could try to look at their poop in the yard maybe.

Back
Top Bottom