ARE THESE SHOW QUALITY?

melissastraka

Songster
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Hoquiam, WA
I DONT KNOW BUT I LOVE THEIR MARKINGS. THEY ARE BANTAMS. THANKS.

MY ROOS-BLAST & FLASH

23778_imga0193.jpg

23778_imga0196.jpg

Last edited:
Those are golden Seabrights and the two pictures look identical. The Rooster I am seeing is not show quaility, just based on the feathers.

No, I don't think the second one is either. He looks too stocky in the body. They both look too large too.

Last edited:
I don't think they are. They are golden sebrights. Roosters of this breed are hen-feathered, meaning that they don't get the pointed hackle feathers on the neck, back, and tail. Sorry.
sad.png

Might want to try not typing in all caps, it looks like you're yelling... Just a suggestion.

*Just wanted to also add that this is tough breed to find show quality stock in, don't beat yourself up that these guys aren't.

Last edited:
sorry about the caps...i am typing and feeding a baby lol. I really wasnt worried about showing but my girls love them and wanted to show a chicken...looks like i will have to get my bator and hatch some...great excuse for dh
wink.png
i love my roos though!

I did the all caps also. It was a hard habit to break. She's right about the feathers. None-the-less nice boys. I have always liked the seabrights.
smile.png

I guess i cant complain. They are great roos though they are my only bantams so there has been no fertilized eggs with my standards. Will that ever happen? What are the best kind of standard breed to find show quality in? Should I hatch them myself?

Best answer is to go to a show and meet some of the breeders--we all LOVE talking about our chickens, and helping new folks get a start.

Purchase a started or grown bird from a breeder--be very upfront about your goals and what you are wanting. Be willing to spend a bit to get good birds to start with.

Every breed has its challenges, but you'll be happier with a bird you enjoy rather than one that might be easier to keep in condition or to breed good offspring that you don't really care for. If you want an active, bird with lots of personality, don't get an overly quiet, docile breed. If you want a calm, docile breed, don;t choose one that is flighty.

Back
Top Bottom