Are these the same breed?

Aidyl

In the Brooder
May 7, 2021
We were given these birds and were told they are copper marans. I've never had this breed before, but the differences in appearance stand out to me. One has a much larger and floppy comb, smaller "ear lobes" (please give me correct name if I'm wrong), and large wattles. The second one has a much smaller comb, much larger "ear lobes", and slightly smaller wattles.
Your thoughts?

Attachments

• 20210508_075643.jpg
    20210508_075643.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210508_075616.jpg
    20210508_075616.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 11
Thank you. I forgot to mention. One has feathers on her legs and feet the other does not. And their eyes are so different.
Your clean legged one may actually be a red sex link.
Marans are known for their copper colored eyes. They normally have feathered legs but they can be found without feathers as well which of course makes differentiating more difficult.😊

Thank you all so much. I've noticed that my newest chicks I bought which are called Midnight Majesty Maran also have feathers on their legs.
I appreciate all the answers!😊

These are the 2 eggs I get from them. I'm 90% sure the smaller comb hen is laying the really dark brown egg, and the larger, floppier combed hen is laying the lighter dark brown speckled. I don't have a camera in with them, but saw her in the nesting box earlier this morning and later on found this in the box she had been in.

Attachments

• 20210510_165639.jpg
    20210510_165639.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 6
These are the 2 eggs I get from them. I'm 90% sure the smaller comb hen is laying the really dark brown egg, and the larger, floppier combed hen is laying the lighter dark brown speckled. I don't have a camera in with them, but saw her in the nesting box earlier this morning and later on found this in the box she had been in.
They’re beautiful eggs

Back
Top Bottom