Are these true Buff Orpingtons??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kcollins, Jun 13, 2010.

1. kcollins

kcollins Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2010
    Southeastern Michigan
    These were sold to us as 3 (2.5 week old) Buff Orpingtons...What do you think?? (we know the little guy isn't...LOL)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Look like buffs to me, are all their legs pinkish looking?

3. cletus the rooster

cletus the rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

there sure is a lot of white feathering.my newly hatched (4 week olds now) never showed so much white OR dark brown during feathering,more like a nice golden color

4. kcollins

kcollins Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2010
    Southeastern Michigan
    Here is a shot of all their feet. We were also told they were females, keeping our fingers REALLY crossed for that![​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Look just like mine [​IMG]

6. HennyJenny

HennyJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Bennington, NE
    I don't think those are buffs - buff legs are white and when they feather in - they are more "blond" than rust colored with no white feathers.

7. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    If their legs are as yellow as they look in the picture they aren't buff orpingtons. Buff Orps have white/pinkish legs. They could be buff rocks. They are cute though! Their legs can kind of lighten up a little but not that much (I don't think) I like the leg shot. [​IMG]

8. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    They look like my gold sexlink pullets. They dont look anything like buff orps to me, they should be buff, not red and white.

9. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    I dont think so...the legs are the wrong color, and the feathers should be more like marmalade.

10. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Their feathers look a little too red to be Buffs. Maybe some sort of red hybrid? Wrong leg color too, my Buffs have always had pearly white colored legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by