Are they Cream colored?

9 weeks old now. iphone pics 011.JPG iphone pics 012.JPG iphone pics 013.JPG

I really like how they are turning out, what are your plans? Breed them back to Buff orp? or to EE?
Well my plan is IF they are good-natured to breed them with my current Buff Orp and EE flock(minus their suspected mother's).I'm also planning to add more favorite breeds to experiment. Their dad was a mean rooster and I only figured out his true nature after his eggs hatched!:he and these cream ones aren't my only cockerels from him so there is a big chance they are not what i'm looking for.it's all a waiting game.

Beautiful birds indeed, This answers many of the questions I had about using genetically golden roosters(S/s+) to create a self lemon colored bird(lighter than lemon buff), in this case the Lemon color is restricted to hackle, saddle and shoulders, but the breast and underside will remain silver colored.. The best way to go about creating a true breeding "Lemon" self colored birds would be to use the "ig" recessive autosomal eumelanin diluter on a gold based background...On the other hand creating a self white bird based on the powerful columbian restrictors found on self buff birds is possible, but using sex linked Silver instead

Beautiful birds indeed, This answers many of the questions I had about using genetically golden roosters(S/s+) to create a self lemon colored bird(lighter than lemon buff), in this case the Lemon color is restricted to hackle, saddle and shoulders, but the breast and underside will remain silver colored.. The best way to go about creating a true breeding "Lemon" self colored birds would be to use the "ig" recessive autosomal eumelanin diluter on a gold based background...On the other hand creating a self white bird based on the powerful columbian restrictors found on self buff birds is possible, but using sex linked Silver instead
Glad I could help answer your questions!Best of luck to your endeavor's.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom