Are they going to hatch?

DavidKerk

Songster
9 Years
Feb 9, 2013
I am on day 21 of my incubation. I am incubating chicken eggs. None of them have pipped yet. Not even a small crack. Are they going to hatch or are they a lost cause? Thanks!

Short answer --- If you've done everything right, the eggs were fertile, temperature & humidity correct, they will hatch.

Would it be bad if I put a little hole in the eggs to help them out?

Yes. If they're going to hatch, they'll do so when they're ready. If they've been delayed for some reason, you'll kill them if you rush them. The 21 days is a guideline - not a rule.

Would it be bad if I put a little hole in the eggs to help them out?

Yes. If they're going to hatch, they'll do so when they're ready. If they've been delayed for some reason, you'll kill them if you rush them. The 21 days is a guideline - not a rule.
Thanks! I hope at least 1 hatches!

Thanks! I hope at least 1 hatches!
Yes leave them a few more days. Eggs are naturally supposed to roll the correct way, but if they are together then sometimes they can't and the pip might be in a hard-to-see position. Just keep the heat and humidity up. I opened mine early on and I had to help some. If you have any pipped at all, do not open it up. They will get out by themselves

Yes leave them a few more days. Eggs are naturally supposed to roll the correct way, but if they are together then sometimes they can't and the pip might be in a hard-to-see position. Just keep the heat and humidity up. I opened mine early on and I had to help some. If you have any pipped at all, do not open it up. They will get out by themselves
Thanks for the advice! I'm such a beginner at this!

Last edited:
So should I roll the eggs that are right above the water trough over? If they pip on the bottom of the egg and try to breath, they will drown, won't they?

If they're not in the water, they won't drown. Walk away from the incubator. Go to bed, and check on them in the morning. (I do know how hard that is - I've been known to sit up all night, just to watch them hatch!)
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom