Are they Silkies? Starting to wonder!

Def silkie crosses...when I was in the process of building my runs, last year, I didn't have the best idea to separate my silkies from my polish. Well, I never, "saw the deed...." but it seems my polish roo made a few, um, "visits" to my fluffy butts. Let's just say, when 2 of the eggs hatched out, I just sat there....:eek: Unfortunately I have 2 roos! Sweet as pie and SO cute, but sadly, we need to find new homes for them...they're so cute though!
smile.png
Anyhow, now I have full blown pens/runs, with no possible way of them getting to each other.
big_smile.png

Thanks for all the info....OK they are silkie crossed with what???? A polish? Any idea?

They are very beautiful though aren't they....but I wanted pure bred silkies
sad.png
....that's what you get when you go to an auction & they are so cute & you have no clue what a silkie even is (this past summer before I really started loving chickens)

Oh well, they are very nice birds, very friendly.

Should I keep one or 2 of the roos? Or just one, or shouldn't I breed them at all? Is there a market for this type of cross or not? I have 5 roos & I definately want to get rid of at least 4-5 of them.

Quote:
The first one(black one) looks like maybe a cochin cross?? The others look like they could be polish cross...did you count their toes???

M@M@2four :

Def silkie crosses...when I was in the process of building my runs, last year, I didn't have the best idea to separate my silkies from my polish. Well, I never, "saw the deed...." but it seems my polish roo made a few, um, "visits" to my fluffy butts. Let's just say, when 2 of the eggs hatched out, I just sat there....:eek: Unfortunately I have 2 roos! Sweet as pie and SO cute, but sadly, we need to find new homes for them...they're so cute though!
smile.png
Anyhow, now I have full blown pens/runs, with no possible way of them getting to each other.
big_smile.png

[email protected] you have pics of your crosses that you could post?​

I have a couple of those Silkie crosses also. I really love their uniqueness
smile.png

My only big roo- Raven, guess he's a Standam (half standard/half bantam). He's Silkie x EE x Australorp
Pic_29Sep162008.jpg

Pic_01Aug292008.jpg

This is my Silkie x EE cross- Bella
Pic_11Sep162008.jpg

Pic_45Aug212008.jpg

I would agree that your first one looks like a Cochin mix, a couple could be mixed with EE also.

Back
Top Bottom