Are we allowed to keep our chickens and ducks?

ravenscock

Hatching
May 3, 2017
Over the easter weekend a family member gave us 8 chicks and 3 ducklings, while for now they are living indoors in large cages, the plan is to build a pen for them out in the backyard when they're big enough to be outdoors; my dad however is worried about getting into trouble with the law for having the chickens (especially if any of them turns out to be a rooster) and ducks inside city limits. We live in Pontiac, Michigan, which is in Oakland County, Michigan.... can you please help me find out what the laws are for having chickens and ducks here are?????

You could make an anonymous call to your town or city hall and ask them. You could also post on your state thread and ask the BYCers there. Just put state name in the search box - above and it will come up for you.
fl.gif
Hope you will be able to have them legally.

G’Day from down under ravenscock
frow.gif
Welcome!

Great advice from Diva so I will just wish you all the best. I do hope you are able to keep your flock.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Hi and welcome to BYC. You have some sound advice from D/Diva.

Good luck
CT

Back
Top Bottom