Are We Done Yet?

KsKingBee

Free Ranging
10 Years
Sep 29, 2013
The Scenic Flint Hills of Kansas
Molting that is. I haven't seen any loose feathers in the pens for weeks and I am anxious to post pictures of my Cameo hens to get opinions on them. I want to make sure that all the faded feathers are replaced so I can rule out that possibility. I'll probably have to cool my jets anyway as they are not predicting any sunshine for the foreseeable future.
hit.gif

Some seem to be done while others i can tell they are still getting new feathers to replace the old ones, they seem to loose feathers here and there all year but the hard mold starts late in summer for the peacocks and the hens get their hard molt on after laying is over.
wink.png

Hatchlings i kept from this year are still molting , i am just glad they do not molt like chickens... that can be pretty Fugly
lau.gif

Some seem to be done while others i can tell they are still getting new feathers to replace the old ones, they seem to loose feathers here and there all year but the hard mold starts late in summer for the peacocks and the hens get their hard molt on after laying is over.
wink.png

Hatchlings i kept from this year are still molting , i am just glad they do not molt like chickens... that can be pretty Fugly
lau.gif

Yeah! Pictures of Kung Fu Henny, always make me smile (and giggle a little).
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom