Are We Ready For Spring Yet???????????

i guess the light was faulty because when i went down this am i immediately plugged in an extra i had with a higher watt bulb and it came on fine. the other one was on when i went to bed last night but just cut off sometime early this am i think. it looks like i will end up with 6 living out of 16. too sad. thanks

Quote:
Same here!!!!! Do you get caffeniene withdrawl like I do if you don't have your coffee?

Yes, I get THAT headache...sort of like I was doing
he.gif
all night.

No. I'm not. I live in the mountains and we only got, what, maybe 4 inches this whole season? TWC was forcasting 6 inches here, and it's only enough to cover the ground!
somad.gif

I have spring fever but the weather is just NOT cooperating ..so I am going to pretend it is and just start my spring stuff!

Today I am going to do my big cleaning and try to make it seem fun:lol:

start at one end of the house and just plow through ..window washing ...dusting ...sorting clothes ...(I am not putting away the winter clothing it is just not safe yet! but I can start looking for the other stuff!)

it has been really cold here and we had snow last week ...very odd for the Pacific NW!!!

I have all these beautiful seedlings ready to move outside so I can start my next round of flats but I am kind of afraid to take a chance ...

tomorrow if it is not raining I will at least go pick up the yards my dogs have had all kinds of fun out there and completely trashed their yard!

I also need to start working on fixing my gate

I just noticed a HUGE buck who is eyeballing my dwarf fruit trees for tender branches ...one bite last year and he took a whole species off my five way cherry!!!

he is lucky I think he is beautiful or else!!!!

funny thing about him (he has lived her for years) is he is a big LAZY $ss and this is good ..most of the wildlife here will do what it takes to to get at your follage or whatever...he just wanders up browsing the buffet ...and only if it is super easy does he go after it ..he has his choice of pickings all the way up the hill and just snacks on the easy stuff ..thank goodness because they can jump over anything and take out a garden in no time if they want to! ..but just a simple diversion and he moves on to the neighbors who have a small unprotected orchard ... or the other neighbors strawberry beds...since I am the only one on my road with a fence he just looks over it and moves on ...

a few years he brought his family up the road the past few years he has been alone ...he is really a big fat beautiful guy

I just do not want him in my garden!

it felt good for a hour yesterday I got to sit in the sun on a bench in my new chicken yard and feed the chickens by hand ..

how beautiful they all are and to get them in spring was such a nice birthday gift from my husband ..I am also so grateful to find this board! OMG you guys I never knew there were so many folks out there to give such amazing advice and share such great stories

Happy Spring
smile.png

Heidi

the winter has been SO long and cold and snowy here.

I was ready for spring months ago.
I cant wait to be able to open the window up and keep em open. Have the flea market re open for the season.

Plus I am hoping when winter lets go business at the salvage yard will pick up and I will get a call from them hiring me back.
fl.gif

Definitly ready for spring.....but, I hate to bust your bubble, the first day of Spring is not until Friday March 20th.

You are all so lucky. I know spring starts March 20 and boy do I have spring fever. But the ground is still frozen here and we still can get snow into the begining of April and heavy frost up to mothers day and sometimes beyond. I can't wait to get outside and dig in the gardens.

YES!!! Last winter took forever to get over with. I kind of dreaded winter coming all summer too, but this winter is not so bad but I would like it to stay in the high 30's to 40's now, yesterday was a high of twenty....... We are supposed to warm up now YAY!

I am so ready for spring. My calander says that the first day of spring is a week from today. That would make it a Friday.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom