are we really superior

I said it was off track but even though we are superior which I don't deny there are things that get their energy from us

All apex predators are vulnerable to parasites. Lions can have fleas, tigers can have mites, I'm sure the T-Rex was pestered by an insect at one point.

Then follow your own thinking.  Go live like an animal and see how much fun that is.  No electric, internet, etc..

Our superiority allowed us to create tools long ago.  How is living without tools natural for humans?

Exactly my point. We are superior bow because we DONT live in the wild. The fact that we (speaking for the average human here) can't live without those tools means that animals have more instinct. This all depends ib what kind if intelligence you are going off of. Instinct ability, animals are WAY smarter. Math? Of course humans. We are each superior in our own way. This is why we should live in harmony. (By this I mean we shouldn't pull a Walter Palmer and kill for sport. That's like shooting someones kid and saying "hey look what I bagged!")

It depends on the situation, like how one chicken of mine can get out the pen everyday, but we can't find out where( not that we're worried, we let her out anyway), or how two of my chickens can go out the pen, when we let them out, but can't get back in to get in the coop.

Yeah and my baby chicks are doing oh yeah this is talking about animal superiorty in my defence I would like to say is this section for raising baby chicks or what

Since you're talking about our common "domesticated" chicken..; they lose, hands down lol... But if you're talking WILD bird, like a Heath Hen...which, without us humans, would still be thriving... I would go with the wild bird.

We are entirely too spoiled and expect too much handed to us. The chickens would win because they lack a selfish ego.

:p

Last edited:
this is a tiny bit off track but if we are top of the food chain where are head lice and mosquitos etc

Those are parasites not predators.

I think intelligence and superiority are relative terms. I am not religious and I believe humans evolved and were not created. I do think humans are superior in a lot of things. Intelligence is our talent (well maybe not all humans can be classified as intelligent), but other animals are very well adapted to what they do. I'm often impressed by the intelligence of some bird species, especially birds like crows and Ravens. Humans have evolved very complex emotions and we are able to process a lot of imformation. I definitely think animals have emotions, but probably not quite as complex as we do.

So superior? If you mean that we have taken over the earth at an alarming rate and have technology that allows us to do so many things, then yes I would consider us superior. I don't think that means non-human animals should be thought of as things or cast aside as lesser creatures. Intelligence? I would say humans have quite a bit of capability in that department as a whole.

I don't think there is a black and white answer though. Our intelligence and superiority may be what destroys us some day. Or it could destroy the earth. Or it could enable us to expand to other planets and help our species live on longer than others. If we remain on this planet, chances are Homo sapiens will eventually die out as a species and be replaced by something else, though that may not occur for millions of years. I think the longest homo sapien relative existed on the earth for about 2 million years.

It's all very interesting stuff, and one could go crazy thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom