Are wild turkeys this tame?

Some animals can be naturally more tame in my life I have a few “wild” animals be very gentle towards me and my family members one of the best examples in my life is a buck came up to us while construction was taking place it lets us pet and feel it antlers we had a dog and it wasn’t afraid of it at all

Some animals can be naturally more tame in my life I have a few “wild” animals be very gentle towards me and my family members one of the best examples in my life is a buck came up to us while construction was taking place it lets us pet and feel it antlers we had a dog and it wasn’t afraid of it at all
There is a brain disease that infects deer. It is similar to mad cow disease and very contagious. The animals become disoriented and lose their fear of humans, so that is probably what you saw. You should call your state's DNR or Wildlife department to report it. Don't touch any wild animal that is behaving strangely.

For the OP it is OK because this does not look like a wild turkey hen.

Apparently she does belong to some neighbors, who called us back about her this afternoon. Unfortunately, by that time, she had wandered off around 8am this morning and we didn't see her for the rest of the day.

Hopefully she finds her way back home!

Looks like your her only hope for now that’s probably why she came to you. I had one in the same situation but mine was a male that had already been attacked and was already struggling to live. I knew him and his 4 friends but unfortunately all the others got killed, I took him in and it’s almost 3 years later and I’m still his only mother. He’s adorable and I don’t regret for 1 minute me saving his life.

Back
Top Bottom