are you a egg snob?

I am an eggsnob too.
thumbsup.gif

What's really bad is if you BOIL store-bought eggs. They fill the house with a horrible smell as they are cooking.

But when I cook our chickens' eggs, the house smells fine. Our refrigerator recently smelled HORRIBLE as the easter eggs that had been dyed arrived with our children from a friend's house. I was so happy to get them turned into sandwiches (egg salad) and eaten up.

The taste is just so bland in comparison.

I might even go so far as to call our chickens' eggs "buttery tasting" in comparison, although it really isn't buttery tasting. I just can't describe it.

Eggsnob. I love my lovely eggs plus the bonus is that I KNOW happy chickens laid them because my girls are spoiled big time.

Quote:
I have to be an egg snob, but for different reasons. I cannot eat a 'free range' hen egg, I'll break out in hives and my throat will close up...even if I take one bite. I can eat almost a full 'creamy yellow yolked' egg before any of that happens
hide.gif

So I guess I am, I'm just opposite. But I still have a lot of birds
lau.gif

half egg snob here. the only time i buy store bought eggs is when i make deviled eggs, to take somewhere. they peel easier. my friends that i give or barter eggs to are egg snobs now too. my favorite meal is a fried egg and slice of homemade toasted bread.

Yes, us too! I never thought I'd hear my fiance convert over to the fresh eggs - he will eat almost anything (even nasty store bought chicken -
sickbyc.gif
) but even he is now an egg snob!

Quote:
I am an egg snob from way back!!

I found this wonderful tip on making great boiled eggs on this site, this even works with eggs that are fresh out of the nest. I am so sorry that I didn't take note of the poster and I heartily apologize for the oversight.

The Perfect Boiled Egg

Get the water boiling first - rapid boil. Add a dash of salt. Gently lower room temperature eggs in with a ladle. Boil 17 minutes then drain and put in ice water…allow them to sit in the ice water for another 17 minutes. Peel.

I tried it tonight to see if I could duplicate the perfect egg. The eggs practically roll out of the shell. I have almost intact shells. Sooo easy.

Back
Top Bottom