Are you on good terms with your neighbors ?

BruceAZ

Songster
May 18, 2016
Valley of the Sun :)

it's not until my hens started to make these loud noises..

i only know 1 of my neighbors (houses that are the closest to me) :/

this is the area where most people are at work during the day and just stay in the house during the evening..

the next door neighbor has a pool and i have chickens.. so we talked a few times but that's about it..

i think it's like this for most communities now a day..

We live out in the country and share a barbed wire fence with neighbors whose house is 1/2 mi. away. The fence is close to our house like 30' away. We put a pool ladder over the fence so they can cross easily if they are out checking cattle on their 4 wheeler. We are always glad to see them, and have lots to talk about. They bring over veggies, we give them eggs. They take care of our animals if we go out of town, we have looked after their dogs. Sometimes their cattle hang out right by the fence and it gets stinky. We don't complain, or try to chase them away, it will eventually rain and the smell will dissipate. It's always good to make friends of neighbors.
Out here, you wave to everyone who drives by, and they wave to you, sometimes they stop and talk. We don't know everyone like people did in the old days, but it still a friendly community.

Last edited:
I try to have as good as a relationship as possible with my neighbors so if anything is wrong, hopefully they will be understanding. I have had one couple tell me they love to hear my roosters crowing and the feed my animals often when I am gone. The same neighbors have a dog that ALMOST killed my duck. But we figured it out and nobody got too mad.

We live out in the country and share a barbed wire fence with neighbors whose house is 1/2 mi. away. The fence is close to our house like 30' away. We put a pool ladder over the fence so they can cross easily if they are out checking cattle on their 4 wheeler. We are always glad to see them, and have lots to talk about. They bring over veggies, we give them eggs. They take care of our animals if we go out of town, we have looked after their dogs. Sometimes their cattle hang out right by the fence and it gets stinky. We don't complain, or try to chase them away, it will eventually rain and the smell will dissipate. It's always good to make friends of neighbors.
Out here, you wave to everyone who drives by, and they wave to you, sometimes they stop and talk. We don't know everyone like people did in the old days, but it still a friendly community.

is it just me or the people from the country side are more friendly ?

want to trade places with me ?

i got a neighbor who like to park on my side of the house

well.. imagine having 3-4 SUVs park right next next to each other-- only 2 ft from your driveway..

I live in the middle of suburbia, definitely not country and yep, on pretty good terms with some of my neighbours.

I share surplus eggs with two neighbours across the road, one next door and one out the back. While I do not talk to the neighbours across the road often, I do leave them eggs at their door and they, in turn, have left baked goods at ours.

As we work from home it is very rare that one of us is not here but on those rare occasions my next door neighbour, retired policeman, keeps an ear out for any alarm calls from the girls, just in case something is trying to break into their run etc. We do not have a pool but he does and he invited us to take a dip whenever we like. I cat sit for him, watch the house and keep the pool clean whenever he goes away.

I also chat to the neighbour out the back quite often. She lives alone and has a two storey with an empty self contained flat downstairs. When friends of mine were in the process of relocating from one town to another and the hubby had to start his new job here before they had finished moving, because I did not have room, he stayed in her flat and she even cooked for him. I cat sit and watch the house for her when she goes away also.

For me, I think that because we live so close together in suburbia, it pays to be friendly and considerate. If not, suburbia could be like a box full of angry cats
wink.png

But yeah, on the other side of the coin, the only interaction I have had with neighbours on the other side of one fence is when calling the Police to report yet another domestic, the last one involved ambulances also .. those neighbours I do not chat to
wink.png

Last edited:
I'm on good terms with my neighbors.... The majority have or had chickens, so they love mine. I swap produce with one of them, and we take care of each others' critters as needed. I'm pretty good friends with one, and she's a fellow duck addict.
yesss.gif

My neighbors were the ones that started me up in poultry, and now goats. Enablers, the all of them.

Last edited:
Good neighbors are the salt of the earth. I had one for a few years but, now he has a girlfriend and I hardly see him at all. Ah, they grow up so fast..... Wouldn't be so bad except I don't get to see my "surrogate" dog Bella, who I love like she was my own. :(

Good neighbors are the salt of the earth. I had one for a few years but, now he has a girlfriend and I hardly see him at all. Ah, they grow up so fast..... Wouldn't be so bad except I don't get to see my "surrogate" dog Bella, who I love like she was my own.
sad.png

maybe in 1-2 year you will see them again.. along with new faces

Good neighbors are the salt of the earth. I had one for a few years but, now he has a girlfriend and I hardly see him at all. Ah, they grow up so fast..... Wouldn't be so bad except I don't get to see my "surrogate" dog Bella, who I love like she was my own.
sad.png
Hahaha. The dog. Is it not funny how we have animal friends that we enjoy the company of more than the humans themselves? I know I am that way.
tongue.png

I did see him long enough to hear "Bella" was going in for surgery and would have to be confined till she's heeled up. That was two weeks ago, haven't seem them since. I am nuts enough where I would have slept at the animal hospital with her - since she hates going. Oh well, I guess I'm not needed. But, where is she? Hope things went well.

Back
Top Bottom