Are you Over-Run with EGGS??!!!

Scrambled Egg

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Aug 29, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
This was taken the other day!! I have 12 chickens .. obviously good laying chickens, lol!!!
(7 Barred Rocks & 5 Rhode Island Reds)

So how many eggs do you have??

HPIM9005.jpg

HPIM9004.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!!! I re-homed ny rooster last year, his singing vocie was a bit loud for a neighborhood! So all my eggs are for eating...hope all yours find themselves under a broody hen!!!

Yeah nice egg basket, now take it back to the driving range. :eek:

Almost no eggs here, took 5 18 packs camping with boyscouts last weekend, sold 3 18's, made 3 angel food cakes, so was down to none extra, but back to 3 18's in fridge, and havent collected yet today.

Such a pretty picture!
Once a week I feed scrambled eggs to my dogs and boil up some for the chickens. I crush the boiled eggs, shell and all and feed it back to the chickens. They love it and that usually takes care of any extras that accumulate over the week.
NO MORE go under broodies or in the bator. I am singing the "here a chick, there a chick, every where a chcik chick" song.
jumpy.gif

I would love to have too many. I have five laying hens but only 8 eggs in the house. One of my Polish stopped laying about five days ago, so I actually have four laying. I don't know what is up with her. When I do have a surplus dozen, there is always someone asking if they can have them.
I raised several chicks that are 10 weeks old now, but only two of them turned out to be girls. I have four roosters now that are going to end up in my freezer. I think I need to put a lock on the fridge door so people will stay out of my eggs!!
I care for 31 chickens, 20 of them are Cornish X, four are roosters, two are too young to lay, one is a free loader and only four that produce eggs.
roll.png

What a wonderful 'problem' to have
big_smile.png
! Great picture.. I hope that in a few months, I will have the same problem..Dixie

Yeah nice egg basket, now take it back to the driving range.

LOL!! This actually is an egg basket..the golf ball basket is hanging out on a hook at the coop, lol!!! Hey, it's practical!!!

I remember thinking I would never have enough eggs to use two days in a row!! That sure changes after they get started!!!
smile.png
Some people have 3 and 4 dozen every day!!!..not me, I only have 12 chickens, but some folks collect that many eggs...I already bake brownies and cakes like crazy..that many eggs and that many more sweets and we would be a family of water buffalos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.png
smile.png
Look out Jenny Craig, the stampede is coming!!!!!!!!!
smile.png
smile.png

Ooo, I'm so excited to have my first eggs, and MY CHICKS AREN'T EVEN BORN YET! We ordered ours, born July 15, pick-up from the Co-Op July 16. We're actually driving 3 hours today to go and buy some poultry supplies, sadly our local stores don't sell anything really apart from some feeders, and food. We're buying some egg baskets, cartons, leg bands, probably an incubator, and some other fun things
big_smile.png
It's just killing me, the amount of time left until we can move into the farm and get started on fixing the coop, and the fencing.

Back
Top Bottom