Are your bills going up?

Mattemma

Crowing
10 Years
Aug 12, 2009
Just this month I have had the cable bill go up another $2.This is the second increase in the 2 years we have had cable.Yesterday I got my water bill and that went up by over 8%,so that is about $10 more a month.

Dh is very frustrated considering his place of employment is cutting out anything they can as far as benefits and ofcourse no raises. I will cancel the cable.Get more barrels to collect rainwater for summer plants. Just a bummer that we try to conserve on the utilities,but the increases negate what we do.

BDC You're a rare one - our cable, cell, and electric all went up this last month - and DH is still out of work. We had knocked cable back to basic, but it is on its way out the door. We want to cancel our land line phone as we do most of our calls via cell, but we're in a bad spot for cell use if there is an emergency. We live at the juncture of three states and you can never tell which 911 center you will get. Last time it took over 4 minutes just to get to the right 911 center!

And food prices are all over the map - some up some down.....

Every time we shave a little off of one bill (cut some channels off Directv, etc.) something else goes up just that much more. We can't seem to make a difference in our total outgoing bills......

Seems like everything has increased except my paycheck! We had a 24% increase in our property taxes.... went to the town hall yesterday to complain and discovered they were taxing us for a second level that is not finished, because they assumed it was. So at least we know that will go back down.

Even though we are being extremely careful about what we use and there are only two of us here, our electric has gone UP!
idunno.gif

At least my taxes went down a little.

Everything in my bills has gone up even I have bought an HE washer and dryer. AmerenIP is trying to lobby for more $$$$$$$$ rates to be increased. Plenty of MAD customers!

Our water bill went on an increase last year as much as we tried to cut back, they are charging sub fees that we didn't know it was there.

And our telephone bill had an additional $20 that I fought because I did not authorized those charges from Flix company.

Our garbage rates are going to go up as well.

Property taxes gone up too. My car and house insurance rates gone up too.

What stayed the same are my SSD and hubby's meanger paychecks. No increase there at all nor it will be in the future.

barnie.gif

I cut out the
"premium channels" $45 a month,
trash collection $20 a month,
land line phone $40 a month,
cut back on red meat $40 a month,
cut back on take-out and fast food $100 a month.

As soon as I think I'm getting some where, my hours drop and the phone co. raises the internet bill $12 a month
roll.png
barnie.gif

I'm with the rest of you. Electric bill went up and Citi card tried to raise my interest rate to 26%, because of the economy they said
rant.gif
. Like it's my fault the economy sucks. I paid my bill on time. So I told them to close the account which froze my rate. At 26% I wouldn't ever be able to pay it off anyway. On top of it all I didn't get a raise last year and won't get one this year either
somad.gif
. Not even a cost of living increase
he.gif
. I guess the cost of living only increases on bills you recieve not the money you have to pay them with.

Back
Top Bottom