Are your coturnix as nervous as mine?

Mwilliams32931

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 25, 2013
My three coturnix are such nervous nellies. My tibetans and tuxedo are so calm and will actually eat out of my hand but my coturnix freak out and run around the cage whenever I am near them. Anyone elses like that?

Every bird has a different personality. Some will be calm and others will be nervous. Work with the nervous ones, they may come around. As they see the more friendly birds eating from your hand, they may tame up a bit. But some birds stay scared all throughout their lives and can even get worse as they age! LOL

Ours definitely have their individual personalities. Some more nervous than others. We have birds from two different sources, a school teacher who hatched a couple eggs in her classroom and a guy with a couple pens in his back yard. The back yard flock definitely had little handling, but one of the hens from him is tame as can be and will just sit on your hand once you pick her up and let you pet her. All of them run around when we go to catch them, even the very calm ones. Tonight I got up for a drink of water and entered the room without turning on a light, apparently I made just enough noise to wake one of the birds and he flushed right into the top of the cage. Fortunately he was fine, but I'll remember to turn on a light next time!
Cheers,
Jessie

Back
Top Bottom