Are Your Hens Setting On Eggs Yet? 2012 POULT FORECAST

Just a lot of strutting here. My hens have been checking out the nest box, so here's hoping.
fl.gif

I have eggs all over the place. I have 2 turkey hens sitting on turkey eggs, 2 mucovy ducks setting on turkey eggs and 1 chicken setting on turkeys eggs. And I had to order an incubator today. :th

My Royal palm Tom has been strutting a lot but so far, no eggs. I built the hen a shrubby area in her pen and am hoping that will encourage her to lay. I havent actually seen the tom mate the hen yet, but that may be because they are young.

This is my first year with turkeys. There are two hens checking out the nest boxes, and I've found 2 turkey eggs. The Tom is strutting, but I haven't seen any mating yet. There is one Tom to 8 hens. I'm assuming I should be seeing some mating before I start collecting eggs to hatch - is that right?

Got my first egg today!
celebrate.gif
I have four hens. A blue slate, a penciled sweet grass, a sweet grass and a calico. My Tom is a jersey buff. Some are from an egg trade last year and the jersey buff was purchased as a poult. I've got more jersey buff eggs coming later in spring and some midget whites. Those are really the two breeds I'd like to focus on. These hens will produce some nice heritage mixes. It should be interesting to see the colors I'll get with this combo.

Got my first egg today! :celebrate   I have four hens. A blue slate, a penciled sweet grass, a sweet grass and a calico. My Tom is a jersey buff. Some are from an egg trade last year and the jersey buff was purchased as a poult. I've got more jersey buff eggs coming later in spring and some midget whites. Those are really the two breeds I'd like to focus on. These hens will produce some nice heritage mixes. It should be interesting to see the colors I'll get with this combo. 

:ya :clap :weee :celebrate

YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom