Are Your Hens Setting On Eggs Yet? 2012 POULT FORECAST

I have a really dumb question. Is it possible to have a turkey lay miniture eggs? I am getting an egg every other day and it is about the size of a banty chicken egg but it is pointed and has spots like a turkey egg...just tiny. I have been waiting for her to lay an egg but hasnt happened unless these are hers

I have a really dumb question. Is it possible to have a turkey lay miniture eggs? I am getting an egg every other day and it is about the size of a banty chicken egg but it is pointed and has spots like a turkey egg...just tiny. I have been waiting for her to lay an egg but hasnt happened unless these are hers

When my girls first started to lay, their eggs were a little smaller at first but not as small as a banty chicken egg.

When my girls first started to lay, their eggs were a little smaller at first but not as small as a banty chicken egg.

my hen is aboutn 3 years old. she has never laid... I think maybe she laid two last year. but never any others.. I think she has a problem.. I decided it cant be hers because they are in a little nest. there is no way she could ever get into it.

just a quick update on my turkey. She is obviously smarter than me... I did catch her just to feel her belly to see if i could feel any eggs. very gently... all that accomplished was her and Tom turkey flogging the snot out of me.. I though my wrist was broken for a bit... my fault tho. anyway, the stress of whooping up on me made her lay an egg under the roost that night. It is such a pretty egg. I want more and so I know she is laying and I watched her today and she outwitted me again. I know she has a nest out in the brush somewhere. she was gone for an hour or more and i looked and looked.. went to the house for water and came right back and she was in the chicken house and just looked at me. I SWEAR she was laughing at me. I just realy do not want her to go off and set on a nest becuase her chances of survival are not great if she is not locked up at night.. I just hope that I have the time to look some more, but i go back to work tomorrow so not sure what will do about it.. thanks for listening..

We have had six hens go broody since Christmas Day. We have had twelve hatch so far, with three broody bantam hens on a total of twelve standard eggs (one hen with 3, one with 4, one with 5) all due to hatch tomorrow. If we see any chicks in the morning maybe I will remember to post pics.

You don't happen to have guinea hens do you? Those eggs sound just like my guinea eggs
smile.png

One of the hens has managed to get two of her eggs to hatch. Both of the little ones are still very wet, but they look healthy. One is yellow and the other is either black or brown but I can't quite tell yet since it is still wet. The other hens have eggs that are making noises on the inside, so we might have some more later!
jumpy.gif

One of the hens has managed to get two of her eggs to hatch.  Both of the little ones are still very wet, but they look healthy.  One is yellow and the other is either black or brown but I can't quite tell yet since it is still wet.  The other hens have eggs that are making noises on the inside, so we might have some more later! :jumpy

:clap

Congrats. Post pics when you can.

Back
Top Bottom