ARG! Day 20 and NOTHIN!

quillizmightier

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Texas
I am so nervous! I read all these people saying they hear cheeps and see the eggs rocking and all my eggs are just sitting there! It 2:32 am here and I have to work in the morning and I can NOT sleep because all I want to do is stare at the dang incubator!

Can you tell this is my first hatch? At least I HOPE it's a hatch. As of two days ago I had movement in all eggs. I wish I could candle them and see if they're still okay. I have the temp running at a steady 100 degrees (still air inc) and the humidity is standing at 67%. Somebody please tell me this should be okay!

The temps and humidity sound about right.
Still air I have found needs it to be a little higher then 100 though....101 to 102 is good. So the hatch might be late into day 21, so dont worry...I am sure you little ones are gonna be happy to see you soon! Good luck!
lol.png

pop.gif
yippiechickie.gif
pop.gif

Thanks for the replies. I broke down and did a rapid candle of them. 2 are the very porous shells that speckle when candled so I wasn't sure about their success rate. I've heard they are more prone to bacteria getting through the shell. One of those I am afraid is gone. It was developing fine but now I see light at both ends of the egg. That's not right is it? The other still looks ok but no movement. One more that looks completely slushy inside, five of the eight have good visible movement. I think one was pecking at the air sac! All the air sacs are still intact so I guess I can sleep knowing they won't be hatching so soon.

Okay, The one I said last night looked light at both ends? Well I think the chick got turned around to the wrong end and that's why I could see light. Today it has a long crack lengthwise and what looks like a chip that hasn't quite busted through at the skinny end. About an hour ago I could hear light tapping, but I am afraid that it can't breathe. I brought the humidity up to 70 and increased the temp to 101 as recommended by tsagirl.

At what point should I worry that he hasn't pipped a hole? The crack was under the egg and I had to roll it up a little when I added water, so for all I know the cracks been there all day with no progress.

The others are still mocking me with their silence, lol.

I'm really worried. The egg that cracked, I can't hear anything from it and it hasn't progressed at all. How long is too long?

Back
Top Bottom