1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ARG!!! Moving! Again!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Moonwalker, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well after all the hullabaloo about moving the end of August, we are doing it again. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    At least this time it's only about 1 1/5 hours away and still in Arkansas. [​IMG]
    AND... I told DH that HE was helping with the packing this time, cuz if it's something HE wants to keep and *I* don't have a use for it, I AIN'T PACKIN' IT!!! [​IMG]

Of course, he is already working at the new place. He's off on weekends but at the present doesn't have transportation to get back here (his Blazer needs a new motor and it's a bit chilly to be riding the motorcycle) [​IMG]
    I am trying to pull the $$$ together to put a deposit on a house next week, then pay the first rent Jan 1 and still be able to pay the rent here for Jan. That way we can have the whole month of Jan to shuttle back and forth. much better and ultimately cheaper than renting a moving truck, trailer for my antique car loading everything up (animals included)and doing it all at once.
    BEEN THERE< DONE THAT! NOT AGAIN!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BUT.....the place I have my eyes on has a big yard for the dogs, the owner will lease me pasture and barn space for my horse , AND I CAN HAVE CHICKIES AGAIN!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I can be a full feathered member of the group again!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  2. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Congrats! We just moved this past week and I get to have my birds again too, its a great feeling isnt it? [​IMG]

3. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I really feel for you having to move again, but try to keep the new place in mind. Maybe it will make it a bit easier.

4. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Yeah, yeah, I know....
    Better job with benefits, insurance etc for DH. Of course I will have to find a new job. I kinda like working at the VFW, even tho it doesn't pay much. But I am looking forward to being able to have my horse and chickens again!
    AND not worrying some meter man is going to rat me out for having a pitbull within city limits. SO far, so good. DH was told before we moved by his co-workers that we could have her as long as she was properly fenced, neutered and registered. Unfortunately, that applies only to one that were grandfathered in when they passed the ordinace banning them. I had told him to check. by that *I* meant with the authorities, not just his buddies!
    We have a 6ft privacy fence around the yard so no one can see in unless they are deliberately trying (like the meter reader)but it would be nice to be able to take her to the park or beach or just around the block. I can't even take my other dog cuz she will bark her head off if she gets left behind.

5. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Good luck with the move! Moving is such a chore....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by