Arizona Chicken Breeders/Sellers: need your info

Farm Name: Mott Ranch
Website/blog: http://www.ranchmott.com/
Contact Info: 480-709-7708 - [email protected]
Breeds: Silver Laced Wynadotte, Black Sex-Link, Red Sex-Link, Welsummer, Black Copper Marans and Ameraucana "Blue egg layer".
Comments: We are hatching certain breeds every month. Please contact for available or to be placed on the hatching list. We also sell or fertile eggs for hatching.

Would you like to be listed on my blog? Yes, Please

WHen you get this list compiled - would you mind putting it all in one place? I live in Scottsdale and have an extensive list of breeds I want to buy for my backyard flock.

Finally getting around to doing this. We also have a facebook page ( KVKC Poultry Ranch). Come like us and check us out. We are in the process of raising up Good Shepperd Lines for Barred Rocks, Rhode Bars from Green Fire Farms and Heritage Silver Laced Wyandottes.
Farm Name
: KVKC Ranch, LLC
Website/blog: http://kvkcranch.com
Contact Info: 520-266-0177
Breeds: Plymouth Barred Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Wheaton Ameraucana, Easter Eggers, Rhode Bar
Comments: We sell Chicks and fertile eggs

Hi, just read a post on BYC you were breeding leghorns. You wouldn't happen to have an adult rooster for sale? Just haveing a hard time locating a breeder rooster for my small flock to introduce some new genes.. Thanks My E-mail is [email protected] or just reply. I check in on this site often...Thanks

* I'm looking for laying pullets and hens locally on the West Side of Phoenix - from I-10 - north to Congress, AZ . So far I've seen prices from $10 to $50. Which is Insane when I can order pullets or hens online, for $3 each. Or 15 for $41.

I'm looking for Favorelles, Delawares, and Stars. Pretty much the Low end of the Pecking Order. Maybe a few Gold Helmeted hens.

If anyone finds real deals, let me know. If I don't find some girls soon, I'm going to order my Laying Girls next week. *

* I'm looking for laying pullets and hens locally on the West Side of Phoenix - from I-10 - north to Congress, AZ . So far I've seen prices from $10 to $50. Which is Insane when I can order pullets or hens online, for $3 each. Or 15 for $41.

I'm looking for Favorelles, Delawares, and Stars. Pretty much the Low end of the Pecking Order. Maybe a few Gold Helmeted hens.

If anyone finds real deals, let me know. If I don't find some girls soon, I'm going to order my Laying Girls next week. *
I am going to reply in defense of those of US who spend hundreds of dollars buying incubators, hatching eggs, doing research on the best breeders for quality stock, building chicken runs, hen houses, using quality feeds , probiotics, wormers, preventive tick and mite formulas, electricity for incubators, brooding lights, ect. ect. ect.
We have the right to ask for what ever price we believe our birds are worth, considering the investment of years of experience developing nice birds so the public has a choice between purchasing beautiful, well bred animals that comply with the "Standard of Perfection", vs. raggedy yard birds purchased from some hatchery that produces thousands of birds with no consideration of pedigree or breeding pen process.
So, yeah, you can buy cheap birds online or from any hatchery, but don't complain about prices when obviously, you don't know the dedication side of raising poultry from the egg to the end result.
You want cheap? Point and Click, its easy! But don't complain if you haven't been there done that.......

* I understand where you're coming from. My grandfather did all that. And it was passed down to my family. My uncle had some of the Best Poultry in the State for years. Was even a Judge at the State Fair for years. But he never asked more than $20 for anything he had. All my stock was kept at his place after my parents' neighbors complained to the City of Phoenix over some noise.

I totally know what it takes to get from egg to the End Result. I'm just surprised that people want more than $20 for a single hen. Inflation I guess. Just some prices are Ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom