Arizona Chickens

Latest update on the hatch. I now have 7 white Maran and two black copper out of 37 in lock down. With at least 4 to 5 others pipping and unzipping sooooo excited
D.gif

I am hatching Marans and had them set at 95.5 temp and 45 humidity for 19 days then raised the humidity to 65 % right now I have 5 chicks and 4 pipping. will post a photo in a bit/. What are you hatching?

I have 17 Marans and 8 olive eggers. Lockdown is the 23rd. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good hatch. 99.5 F and 20% humidity. Hands off except for a quick candling of random eggs. I'll jack up the humidity at lockdown.

I have 17 Marans and 8 olive eggers. Lockdown is the 23rd. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good hatch. 99.5 F and 20% humidity. Hands off except for a quick candling of random eggs. I'll jack up the humidity at lockdown.
How exciting keep us posted on hatch. I started with 45 and took out 8 that did not develop right before lockdown. Up to 10 hatched out of the remaining 37 so far. Bought the eggs on the egg forum on this site. My Isbar eggs arrived at the post office this morning and the 6 ayam will be here in few days

Hatching chicks sounds exciting. I don't have room though. So I won't get to find out.

My dog likes to eat fodder. She's always been a plant eater and never eaten dog food that well so I guess I shouldn't be suprised. Each time I take it out to the chickens, I give her a small chunk. She snaps it right up and eats it. Seeds, roots, and greens. When I bring it out, she gets excited.

POULTRY SHOW REMINDER

Don't forget tomorrow, Saturday March 21, is our Tucson Poultry, Pigeon, & Fancy Fowl Club Lawn Show.
Held at Arizona Feeds, 4743 N. Highway Dr., Tucson: that is just around the bend east of the RR tracks at I-10 and Ruthrauff. Come see some nice birds and socialize! Bring $$ to buy birds! I will have Ameraucana and Rhode Island Red (from show quality stock) chicks there as well as Ameraucana and Marans pullets in lay for sale.

@AZChiknGoddess is travelling north to Chino Valley tomorrow. She said she'd deliver or meet someone interested in my bantam black Wyandottes chicks or eggs. I have 4 chicks about 6 days old as well as lots of eggs.

The chicks are $12.00/each or $40.00 for all four.

Eggs are $25.00/half dozen or $40.00/dozen.

Dad (I'll post more pictures when I get home.)

Note: I think there is a black Ameraucana or two hiding in that bowl.

Last edited:
POULTRY SHOW REMINDER

Don't forget tomorrow, Saturday March 21, is our Tucson Poultry, Pigeon, & Fancy Fowl Club Lawn Show.
Held at Arizona Feeds, 4743 N. Highway Dr., Tucson: that is just around the bend east of the RR tracks at I-10 and Ruthrauff. Come see some nice birds and socialize! Bring $$ to buy birds! I will have Ameraucana and Rhode Island Red (from show quality stock) chicks there as well as Ameraucana and Marans pullets in lay for sale.
Are they providing the cages? I'd like to bring my bantam Wyandotte rooster, but I don't own a cage.

Back
Top Bottom