Arizona Chickens

My husband and I figured out a pretty nifty way of dealing with those tarps. We inserted flexible PVC into flag pole holders we mounted to each side of each run, forming arches over which we can drape the tarps, and then secured the edges of the tarps with bungee cords looped through the grommet holes and wrapped around the top of each panel frame. It sort of forms a big umbrella-type look that lasts much longer than tarps simply stretched across flat, and it was really inexpensive to do.

My fix will be simple....just run a 2x4 or a 2x6 along one of the top beams, drape the tarp over it, and that slight slant and gravity will take care of itself.

Is there a list anywhere of how many posts each status takes to achieve?

Maybe go to the Home Page and see what it says. I don't know what my "status" is, but I've been here since 2012. These AZ folks are awesome, and the general, overall board is just an encyclopedia of information covering everything (and more) you need to know. It's not limited to Arizona, but all around the country. All of our situations are different, living in the rainy NW, the southwest desert, the midwest, up in the New England States, south east Florida.

Okay, I managed to stray again, but you'll find what you need on this board. --BB

Bobby Basham
Tucson, Arizona

Maybe go to the Home Page and see what it says. I don't know what my "status" is, but I've been here since 2012. These AZ folks are awesome, and the general, overall board is just an encyclopedia of information covering everything (and more) you need to know. It's not limited to Arizona, but all around the country. All of our situations are different, living in the rainy NW, the southwest desert, the midwest, up in the New England States, south east Florida.

Okay, I managed to stray again, but you'll find what you need on this board. --BB

Bobby Basham
Tucson, Arizona
I've looked, but have not found the list. Just because I'm curious.....

jumpy.gif
Got it!!
D.gif

Thank-you

Thank-you
LIke I said, I was just curious...
I post when I have something to say, or ask.... but since they have the statuses....
It is interesting to note...

Last edited:

Bobby Basham
Tucson, Arizona
That's what brought me here!
In all my years I had been lucky enough never to have a seriously sick chicken ..
In 2015 , I had a chicken with Waterbelly, and needed to understand what to do.
So I was looking for help, and found support here...
We kept Kohl alive for a little over a year with help from people here...
Sadly we did lose her, but she had an extra year with us...
Now, I poke around occasionally, but mostly stay on the AZ board...

P.S. (I am very jealous of your retirement, enjoy it)

That's what brought me here!
In all my years I had been lucky enough never to have a seriously sick chicken ..
In 2015 , I had a chicken with Waterbelly, and needed to understand what to do.
So I was looking for help, and found support here...
We kept Kohl alive for a little over a year with help from people here...
Sadly we did lose her, but she had an extra year with us...
Now, I poke around occasionally, but mostly stay on the AZ board...

P.S. (I am very jealous of your retirement, enjoy it)

Please don't be jealous. This is premature and I don't know where this road is gonna take me. I meant to hang in there until about June/July, but I hate this job so much that I had to take action. I finally decided that my peace of mind and sanity come first. Maybe I'll have to face the consequences, but then again, it could be a blessing in disguise. Other than being on here talking to this great AZ chicken forum, I've been on the couch since this past Friday watching HGTV, Food Network and Animal Planet. It's just a period of de-tox to get all that work crap out of my dreams EVERY night. It hasn't sunken in yet, and feel like I'm on vacation for a few days still dreading the day to return to work. Give me some time, the light bulb will come on realizing that my decision was permanent, and no looking back. It's a bit awkward for me right now even though I have many projects on all the burners, and this house needs some MAJOR cleaning, so my work is cut out for me. I'm just in that numbness of disbelief that I actually did this.--BB

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom