Arizona Chickens

I think only China may have leg problems, her scales are a bit raised on the legs but i dont see any other signs she doesn't groom herself like the others do I have to bathe her, etc. I think it's bc when she was little every time she sat down, one of her brothers would make her get up and she just never developed the good habits

I like the oil idea but with all this dirt and it's ant season I'll just treat if I have to

China lives separate so if she gets it I don't think it will transfer

Any ideas for an irritated rear? It's only Mr Roo, I've trimmed the feathers in the area but wondering if there is something for irritation for that area to prevent problems

Also how much DE do you all apply to your feed?

I thought you had younger birds?? If I remember right your birds should be around 16 weeks old or so. No eggs yet right. You are probably blowing your juvenile feathers right now. If you do have the younger birds you shouldn't officially molt until next fall/winter - not this year. Chickies molt 2 times in their first year. Their down, then their juvenile feathers, then at 1 year to 18 months they start their yearly molting process. I too have younger chicks - they are 13/14 weeks old. They have been losing their juvenile feathers like crazy! Its almost like the beginning of molt for my big girls. Crazy stuff molting.
@igorsMistress - that is a great idea - when I feel sure we are rid of these unseeable critters I'll begin doing that.
My hen was a yr in April and my one roo will be a yr tomorrow and the other a yr next week.

I think only China may have leg problems, her scales are a bit raised on the legs but i dont see any other signs she doesn't groom herself like the others do I have to bathe her, etc. I think it's bc when she was little every time she sat down, one of her brothers would make her get up and she just never developed the good habits

I like the oil idea but with all this dirt and it's ant season I'll just treat if I have to

China lives separate so if she gets it I don't think it will transfer

Yes, the ant's have been bad this year over here. Both of my neighbors that live either side of me have mentioned that they have them bad also, so we are all treating for them at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom