Arizona Chickens

City farm, congratulations on the BYC Friend award! You deserve it.
clap.gif
woot.gif

The white rabbit that came from Demo',s place kindled last Sunday. She had four, and they are all doing well.
In other good news, the first mulberries are getting ripe, and are really delicious.[/quote

Awe, Congrats. She turned out to be a great mother after all.

City Farm I bought 3 ducklings a couple of weeks ago from a feed store, they are hatchery choice. then I went to buy some year old silkie hens and he had ducklings. I bought 2 crested and 2 who knows what they are. I now have 7 ducklings and even though they require extra work I love to watch them play around. :pop . Chickens are so much fun and the ducks I think will be too. Of course I am hoping they are hens and not drakes. my boys have named them Meatball, Plucky, Ducky moe moe, quacky, marshmallow, bubbles, and fluffy. My son also named two of our chicks Goldie Locks and Chicken Pocks. he likes the unusual names I guess. lol. These are the first three we bought.
It is tempting.. Since we have a friend that is hatching out ducks and chickens from our flock.. Have no idea about ducks.. We might have to foster just to try it.. :woot I did mention that a few post back.. Once she let's us know how many hatch from the Ancona ducks I will post here.. So let us know if anyone wants free baby chicks.. P.M. Us..

I had gotten 2 magpie ducks because I couldn't find the buffs. I just couldn't pass them up when I saw them. So that gives me a total of 5 ducks. My dog loves the eggs. So do I for that matter. They free range too but I have a pond for them. Now I just need my drake to remember he is a duck. He has been hanging with the chickens since the coyote got his mate. They are all so darn cute. :jumpy

So when you mean free range on your ducks, do they leave the yard? We have a canal close by with ducks. . Are they just as nice, easy to handle?

Thank you.. I wondered where that came from, it took me a while to figure out.. We kind of look official.. I am not by any means.. But it looks cool..

Very cool! Way to go city farm! I am fairly new here still but sure can tell you are friendly as a silkie!

Back
Top Bottom