Arizona Chickens

Our sweet Bielefelder roo needs a home!

Roo1.jpg

He is eight weeks old, big and healthy and growing fast. He's the friendliest of our six Bielefelders and he was the first to regularly greet us at the brooder door. He gets along perfectly with our 14 girls.

roo2.jpg

You can pick him up, hold him, kiss him. 💋 He thinks you're weird for doing so but goes along with it. 😄

roo5.jpg

We feed him all organic feed and treats. He has not crowed yet.

roo3.jpg

We cannot have roosters where we live otherwise we'd love to keep him. We hate to part with him. His good personality merits a home, not freezer camp. He is a sweet, friendly, happy fellow who deserves his own flock.

Roo4.jpg

I'm outside of Tucson but I'll drive to meet someone if you would like him.

Last edited:
Our sweet Bielefelder roo needs a home!

He is eight weeks old, big and healthy and growing fast. He's the friendliest of our six Bielefelders and he was the first to regularly greet us at the brooder door. He gets along perfectly with our 14 girls.

You can pick him up, hold him, kiss him. 💋 He thinks you're weird for doing so but goes along with it. 😄

We feed him all organic feed and treats. He has not crowed yet.

We cannot have roosters where we live otherwise we'd love to keep him. We hate to part with him. His good personality merits a home, not freezer camp. He is a sweet, friendly, happy fellow who deserves his own flock.

I'm outside of Tucson but I'll drive to meet someone if you would like him.
Wish I could help you out but I already have a roo for my small flock.

We broke 100F yesterday. We're still using ice trays and there's a fan on the coop to move air around, plus they get ice cold mash in the hottest part of the afternoon. A few hens were panting a little but everyone seems fine. I warned them this is just pre-heating for summer but they were too busy eating mash to respond.

Anyone have a mister you'd recommend, one that doesn't leak or clog (our water is very hard)? We're looking at ones like this:

1716174039806.png

I used misters,,, but not for my chickens. Set it up so my grandchildren would have fun being under DRY RAIN. Well,,, its not really dry,,, but you get the idea.
Our water is Lake Michigan water. Sweet stuff for sure. Not hard, like surrounding areas that depend on well water.
What I'm getting at,,,,, Get whatever mister, with replaceable. nozzles. That does not mean you throw the clogged ones out... Soak them in vinegar,, and they will be cleared up in due time.

We broke 100F yesterday. We're still using ice trays and there's a fan on the coop to move air around, plus they get ice cold mash in the hottest part of the afternoon. A few hens were panting a little but everyone seems fine. I warned them this is just pre-heating for summer but they were too busy eating mash to respond.

Anyone have a mister you'd recommend, one that doesn't leak or clog (our water is very hard)? We're looking at ones like this:

View attachment 3837803
I’ve found mud puddles to be more effective. Less water use and the crew can then bathe in the cool dirt.

In case you’re not aware, there is currently a bill on the governor’s desk that would prevent cities from creating ordinances against keeping backyard chickens. Single family homes only, but it would be a step in the right direction. No roosters, you must have a run, and you have to clean up after the crew twice a week.

Back
Top Bottom