Arizona Chickens

Quote:
My understanding is that EEs have the blue egg gene. They can lay anything from blue, green, to pink or some shade of brown. Our last one laid a beautiful pearly brown egg. You can hope for a green egg, but no guarantee. Also, SS is right about feed stores not knowing what breed they are selling. I have a beautiful Speckled Sussex that I bought as a brown leghorn. And I had 2 sex links that I bought as California Whites.
The "squat" is what they do when the rooster approaches, too. Without a rooster in the flock, there is more of that behavior - as if you are seen as the rooster figure. With a rooster in the flock, they may or may not squat, I have found.

Quote:
With the salmonella scare, you are likely to be able to sell them for a pretty penny
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Interesting! I didn't remember that behavior in our flock when I was growing up (lots of roosters) but see it frequently in my rooster-less flock.

My silkies always squatted for me when we didn't have a rooster, but then we got a rooster and they stopped. I got rid of the rooster and they haven't got back into the habit of squatting.

By the way, "squatted" is a terrible word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
My husband will be in PHX on Wednesday.....have any extra eggs???

Yes. Let me know when he'll be coming.... can't wait till this "test" hatch is over and I see some results!

Hi Ladies!

I am new here... just getting started. I am likely going to be getting a few (3-4) pullets in the next month or so. I am working on my coop plans right now.

I just wanted to say hi. :eek:)

-Tabitha

Quote:
Ooops! Sorry... I work in an office with all women... so I routinely write emails to all women... and I manage a local mom's group... same problem! :eek:P

Quote:
Ooops! Sorry... I work in an office with all women... so I routinely write emails to all women... and I manage a local mom's group... same problem! :eek:P

No offense taken.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom