Arizona

AZchickens

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 27, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello all fellow Arizona chicken keepers. My wife and I are looking to buy some land in New River, AZ and we are thinking of raising chickens for eggs and meat. We are finding some good sources for info, but wanted to throw some things our there at people...

Are there certain types of chickens that get along with others?

What size area do you need for each chicken if you are penning them?

Are there cetain types of chickens that tolerate the heat of Arizona better than others?

Thanks for any and all info,
Chris.

someone on the main "embargo" thread said that TSC has their own logistics system so aren't affected by the embarog, so must be true. Thanks for the warning I'll have to do curbside pickup if I get more food.... or maybe go inside just to "look"...

Hello all fellow Arizona chicken keepers. My wife and I are looking to buy some land in New River, AZ and we are thinking of raising chickens for eggs and meat. We are finding some good sources for info, but wanted to throw some things our there at people...

Are there certain types of chickens that get along with others?

What size area do you need for each chicken if you are penning them?

Are there cetain types of chickens that tolerate the heat of Arizona better than others?

Thanks for any and all info,
Chris.
Most any birds that you get as babies, grow up getting along. The exception, the fast cornish X meat birds need to be kept separate because they grow so fast. You'll want to find Extreme Heat tolerant birds. Also, I hope you're researching the water situation in New River. A couple or so years ago, Phoenix stopped letting the water haulers use their hydrants and it caused a problem with the area, and the new housing that's been going in, probably created a cone of depression making people's wells unusable. Hope it all works out, and looking forward to hearing from you along your chicken/homestead process!

Back
Top Bottom