ARKANSAS FOLKS- egg prices

N of Atlanta...a large market for healthy free range brown eggs. I could easily sell 500 doz a week if I had that many at 4 a doz.

Bob

Quote:
Wow- thats alot of egg washing!! 4.00 a dozen is a great price, but here in Arkansas I doubt I could get that. (for table eggs, now hatching eggs is another story)

If you have a large metropolitan area near you have the potential for a market like mine. What used to be called "health food nuts" is a fast growing segment of the food consumer market, and they will pay...and travel...for the right kind of food. Between the eggs (I only have 70-80 layers) and the milk production from about a dozen dairy goats, along with a few value added products, I manage to make a living off a 2.5 acre "farm"...LOL

Bob

Quote:
The only city even remotely close is Ft. Smith or Little Rock. I only have 30 layers, so I dont have the supply.
smile.png
Sounds like you have a GREAT business. I would love to earn a living that way.
smile.png

Bob,

What kind of dairy goats are you running? I have Oberhasli, Alpine and La Mancha's. The La Mancha's are my favorites as far as personality but the Oberhasli's are milking machines. What are your milk laws in GA? I can sell 100 gal. raw from farm a month without any restrictions.

Kat

Back
Top Bottom