Arkansas Meet-Ups, Swaps and Such

March 1st in Rison will be the Backwoods Benefit Poultry show. If you're interested in showing, call Frankie Harper 870-370-3427. Deadline is Feb. 21 for entries. It's a great little show. There will be some chickens for sale as well.

Carla in Benton is working on starting The Poultry Party, a group that will have swaps and informational meetings,etc. You can read about it on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/thepoultryparty

March 1st in Rison will be the Backwoods Benefit Poultry show. If you're interested in showing, call Frankie Harper 870-370-3427. Deadline is Feb. 21 for entries. It's a great little show. There will be some chickens for sale as well.

Carla in Benton is working on starting The Poultry Party, a group that will have swaps and informational meetings,etc. You can read about it on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/thepoultryparty
Thanks for this information.

Last edited:
Beebe has a local flea market every saturday 7am-Noon that has lots of livestock and poultry from what I have heard. I am thinking of checking it out this weekend.

It is still open according to another BYC member but I plan on going if not this saturday then in the next month so if I go and its a ghost town I'll let ya'll know =) I did hear the police were ticketing and trying to shut it down though.. but it brings a lot of business and out of towners so they probably decided that it is better for their town to let it operate.

It was open and going this past weekend. I think it will pickup more as it gets warmer, I know some venders weren't there this past weekend and they didn't have the animal auctions although they did have chickens, ducks, rabbits, and turkey.

Glad to hear Beebe flea market was still going on. I got my chicks from there last April from a couple who live out Hwy 107 (Sherwood/Gravel Ridge). They have been great. I asked for 4 hens and that's what she picked out for me. Black Australopes. Starting laying in August and have been steady through the winter. Hoping to find them again and add a few to the flock this year.

Glad to hear Beebe flea market was still going on. I got my chicks from there last April from a couple who live out Hwy 107 (Sherwood/Gravel Ridge). They have been great. I asked for 4 hens and that's what she picked out for me. Black Australopes. Starting laying in August and have been steady through the winter. Hoping to find them again and add a few to the flock this year.
They should really hand out business cards so people can find and get in touch with them! I shoulda took down a number or two when I was there last!

Anyway its still alive and running.. although I'm sure it wasn't open yesterday with the snow and all. I'm going to try to go again the Saturday after next!

March 1st in Rison will be the Backwoods Benefit Poultry show. If you're interested in showing, call Frankie Harper 870-370-3427. Deadline is Feb. 21 for entries. It's a great little show. There will be some chickens for sale as well.

Carla in Benton is working on starting The Poultry Party, a group that will have swaps and informational meetings,etc. You can read about it on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/thepoultryparty

How hard is this place to find. I can get to Rison but after I get there then where?

How hard is this place to find. I can get to Rison but after I get there then where?
It's not hard to find, but you can get confused. The address is 309 Mockingbird Lane. If you will go south on Hwy 79, you will see a sign to turn left for the Fairgrounds. That's the easiest way to get there. If you're coming in on 35, like I do, then you can get confused because there is another half of Mockingbird Lane off 35 that won't lead you to the fairgrounds. Do you have Google Maps? You can get a good look at it from the Satellite view. That helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom