ARRGGHHHH!!!

Blisschick

not rusty
12 Years
Feb 20, 2007
Shepherd, Texas
Why do people insist upon getting animals that they won't take care of??? It's just freaking infuriating for me to see someone take a perfectly healthy animal and neglect it to the point the animal is suffering. I just filed an online report with the SPCA (the county here is worthless in these matters) on my neighbor down the street. He got a beautiful painted horse right before Christmas, rode it up and down the street for a couple of weeks, but I guess his new toy has lost it's shine. The poor thing has been tied up in his front yard with water only, no hay, no grass, and is now in the process of becoming a bag of bones. It has gotten loose a few times, but never wanders far, because it's too busy eating the grass on the sides of our street. It's just standing there now, drooping it's head, feeling miserable. It makes me want to cry. I thought about going over there and asking to "borrow" his horse to mow my back area, but my dogs would go berzerk and it wouldn't solve this guy's mental attitude. I don't usually stick my nose in people's business when it comes to this kind of thing, but this is something I just cannot ignore. I think I would be just as guilty as he is if I didn't step up to the plate and say something after seeing what's going on. It's watching a murder and not reporting it. A freaking bale of hay is $8.00!!! He can afford a horse but not a bale of hay???
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

Oh I know how you feel., just recently , locally a lady had 47 horses in different stages of neglect,tied to trees,loose , horrid conditions........they were all rescued by Blazestribute , a local horse rescue here in town.......made me sick to see..........now the rescue struggles to feed and care for the horses..........some of them didnt make it.....
clap.gif
KUDO'S to you for turning him in, I sure hope something is done about it before the horse just falls over.......I will never understand why some just don't care !

You are right to get involved, the horse does not have a voice, so you will have to speak for him. Good job. You know up the road there is a trailor house, falling apart, actually half of it is gone and boarded up in that spot. The guy first gets these shepard looking dogs locked up in a tiny fence area and now the idiot has gotten a horse in a little fenced in area also. He does not have the money to buy a whole house but he does have the cash to buy a horse. Stupid, careless people in the world make me crazy. I can say that there is a big round bale of hay there, so he is feeding them for now. We will see.
roll.png

Bliss
I would call the Sherrifs department and turn him in also...they will usually do something as try to remove it . If the horse get loose and causes a accident then the owner is responsible for the mess. He should sell the horse or give it to someone that will take care of it...I hope they do something.

Quote:
The sherrif's dept. is well aware of the horse. They've been out here on three separate occasions to find the owner when it got loose, once knocking on our door. If the SPCA needs proof of neglect, they can get it from them. The sherrif's dept. is not well funded and pretty small for the size of our county. Things like this aren't high on their priority list.
hmm.png

yesterday i visited a restuarant my family used to own. Its closed down and the new owner has a dog tied up outside. Poor dog must eat once a week. I could count his bones if he werent too ornery to get near. Unfortunately in Puerto Rico calling animal control just means that the dog would be collected and thrown off a bridge or cliff into a ravine or the ocean. true story.

i suppose I could go up there and kill it myself, but that would be destruction of property.

Bliss, thank you so much for caring enough to get involved. Hopefully this will have a happy ending and he will wind up in a good home. Keep us posted please.

Back
Top Bottom