Arrowhead block swap

Kats did you count me in? I think we have 14 now
wee.gif

Rusty

I finally got my Have To Do quilting done, this is for GD graduation

the wind kicked the quilt up so you coould see the backside.

A close up of the Long armers great work on this

I also did one of the Five and Dime quilts denim for the back, quilted it on my Viking and did some fmq in the corners. It is supposed to be a bumblebee.( I'm Trying)

Hi everyone - I'm Kristy, live in NC north of Charlotte. I'm married with 2 girls, 4 grandchildren, 2 boxers and 8 chickens. We are new to chickens but I'm loving it so far. I love to quilt, in fact we are in the process of finishing our above garage bonus room for all my quilting stuff. I have a longarm machine, and a variety of other machines. I'm really looking forward to this swap - and I love the block.
welcome-byc.gif
and to our block swap!!! Chickens are fun!!
jumpy.gif
Ditto what katsdar said, Pics please, of your quilt room when finished! I need to go see how a longarm works. I'm probably the only one on this thread that doesn't quilt!!
lol.png
I have labeled myself "The Block Maker"!! I love making and receiving the blocks, but I have yet to put one together!!
hide.gif
I think if I lived closer to some of you all, I may get interested in the quilting process! I'm definitely not a hand quilter! No patience for it.

I finally got my Have To Do quilting done, this is for GD graduation

the wind kicked the quilt up so you coould see the backside.

A close up of the Long armers great work on this

I also did one of the Five and Dime quilts denim for the back, quilted it on my Viking and did some fmq in the corners. It is supposed to be a bumblebee.( I'm Trying)

Rusty~Your quilts are fabulous!! Your GD will love it! My late MIL made quilts for all the grandkids on their gaduation. My kids still have and treasure them. So how does a long arm work. Do you program the pattern into the machine and it just does it, or do you manipulate the quilt? And I think you are doing great on your fmq! It looks just like a bumblebee! Can this be done on a long arm?

Kats did you count me in? I think we have 14 now
wee.gif

Rusty
I have you down now, sorry I missed you

Your quilts are just beautiful and love your bumble bee, I like the 5 and dime quilts, I have done a couple and am never dissappointed and so easy and fast to put together

welcome-byc.gif
and to our block swap!!! Chickens are fun!!
jumpy.gif
Ditto what katsdar said, Pics please, of your quilt room when finished! I need to go see how a longarm works. I'm probably the only one on this thread that doesn't quilt!!
lol.png
I have labeled myself "The Block Maker"!! I love making and receiving the blocks, but I have yet to put one together!!
hide.gif
I think if I lived closer to some of you all, I may get interested in the quilting process! I'm definitely not a hand quilter! No patience for it.
ok you have been in enough swaps I know you are getting a stash, so go and sew them together don't worry about sashing, get lots of safety pins and sandwich your top, pin and stitch in the ditch, that is just stitching a straight line in where the blocks come together and around the pattern in the block. Google it, I think every quilter starts with that one and then your confendence is built from there, don't worry about mistakes, you will see them but no one else will. ok so what blocks are you going to put together first? When you get that far let us know and we will talk you through the binding, your just worried you will mess up your beautiful block but really you won't, trust me!!!

Ladies we have 14 swappers!!! Thanks Rustyhen for keeping the count straight, I need that

@OHhappychicks Long Arms can do both all by it's self with the pattern selected it can quilt it and you stand by and watch, mine does not have that, I move the machine and put in the designs, either from the front or the back, FMQ is from the front and if I stand in the back I use patterns (rolls of paper with the printed pattern taped to the table) and follow along, I don't follow the patterns very well with the laser so I use "groovy boards" that is a board with the pattern and you use a stylus (pen) to follow the grooves, but then I'm still learning to use my machine. So you don't need a LA to do quilting, I have seen lots of beautiful work just using a domestic machine.

OHhappychicks Thank You for the kind words. It also took me a long time to actually begin quilting my blocks now I love it. I do all of mine on a regular sewing machine. a few I send off to the longarmer. I'm just learning to fmq. Your best bet is to watch a lot of youtube sites on making quilts, they will guide you through it. I use spray glue 505 to hold the quilt sandwich together.

Thank you Ladies! I just have to get over, I don't know what, it's not fear, but maybe reluctance to start quilting. It just seems so daunting to me! I think I need to start with a small quilt. I will go get my "stash" and see what I can do.
smile.png
I need to finish this swap first! I appreciate all of you Ladies and your willingness to help.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom