Artificial Lighting Ducks

AnconaDuckFarm

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 10, 2014
Hi
About 1 1/2 weeks ago, I started artificially lighting my Ancona ducks. The lights turn on at 4:30 AM and off at 9:45 PM. The ducks are in at night and free range during the day. The past 2 days I have noticed A LOT more mating activity. Could this be caused by the lights and hormones? If so, should we see eggs soon (a few days)? Thanks

Hi
I don't have any answer but I'm following this thread....I've had the heat lamp on all night as one of the my ducks is staying wet (oil gland issues) and this let's him dry out. What i'm noticing is that all the ducks seems bit "fiesty" for this time of year...and egg production is increasing.

Hi
I don't have any answer but I'm following this thread....I've had the heat lamp on all night as one of the my ducks is staying wet (oil gland issues) and this let's him dry out.  What i'm noticing is that all the ducks seems bit "fiesty" for this time of year...and egg production is increasing.

Are they mating more frequently? How many ducks do you have and how many eggs are you getting?

Back
Top Bottom