As I reach 1000 posts.....(long)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by KingsCalls, Oct 15, 2008.

1. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    As I reach 1000 posts, I would like to say a few things that I have noticed along the way.

When I 1st came to BYC, I only knew what I had picked up from my grandfather years ago about raising chickens.
    ....Now, I feel so lucky to have had everyone here to fall back on when and if I needed advice or just the answer to a stupid question. (you all know who you are)

When I 1st came here, I had no idea what breed of bird that I was really wanting to spend my time and effort on.
    .....Now, thanks to alot of you on here I do and I have completely fell in love with all the orpingtons!

When I 1st came here, I had in my head the people that probably had hundreds of birds just by how they talked or the endless info. and knowledge they posessed.
    ....Man was I fooled.! I now realize that even if people only have 2 chickens that they seem to know anything you want to know about chickens. (just goes to show that we take our birds seriously)

I have found that BYC has about as many different personalities in it's members as a beach has sand! Some "good", some "not", some "cool", some "hot",some "mature", some "childish", some "funny", some "just down right crazy"...........but, all in all BYC has a GREAT bunch of members.

As I am about to reach number 1000, I would like to say , "that I have came to consider a lot of BYC members my friends even tho we may not have met in person , just by spending time on here and reading posts and learning a little more about you each time you post on a topic, I feel that I can almost guess what certain one's will add to a post before I read it."

I want to say,"thanks to all that have helped me along the way". I also want to say,"if you asked my opinion on something and wether I was able to help or not, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it." You guys and gals are awsome and I hope to be a part of this for a long time to come!

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] We're glad you're here, too, Jeff.

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Well this crazy say's "Glad your here!" Oh and I may want some Bantam buff orps this spring. [​IMG]

5. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I reached 1000 posts tonight also! CONGRATS!!! [​IMG]

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Isn't it just wonderful what we learn? I found the site last December after having a box of new chicks literally abandoned on my doorstep. Ain't it great?

7. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:That is how you got chooks? Very cool, it was just meant to be.

8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

excellently put, KC

9. Alpha Roo

Alpha Roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Apple Valley, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] It is a great place.

10. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Congratulations for reaching this important milestone in your cyberlife!
    I hope im in the "good" category!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by