Aseels? (Asils)

BCB

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 21, 2008
SW Missouri
I bought this pair at Carthage from a reputable breeder. He sold this brilliant Rhode Island Red bantam pair.They were marked as Aseels. I don't really know their quality and I paid $30 for them (I thought it was $15 for the pair, it turned out to be $15 each bird. I unknowingly bid the Rhodies up to $40 each
lol.png
)

After a bit of reasearch, I found that they must be Bihangam strain Aseels. Because they have the wattles and large Standard Comb.

But I've also noticed that they have some underfluff. Which is something that isn't wanted in the Aseel breed ( maybe its different for the Bihangam Strain?)

The Breeder said they were pure bred, so I'm just wanting a second opinion about them.

Lots of photos can be found here-

http://s462.photobucket.com/albums/qq341/vanyali_images/

thanks
big_smile.png

Bihangam are rare, super rare - likely not available in the US. I don't believe that's what you have there, but I'm not an expert. Ask ChinaChicks1, who is very knowledgeable with oriental breeds.

Sorry friend, but those pics don't look much like an Asil to me at all. It is very hard to get real Asils in the US, and everyone says theirs are "pure"...

Bihangam are rare even in the home country, Haven't heard of anyone with them in the US. They are not a strain, but a throwback to the bankiva/jungle fowl used in the aseel makeup. Wrong tail and wings for an asil. I would say some sort of gamefowl cross at most. Pea comb is dominant, so even if there was aseel in there, it would be very little to throw straight comb hens and roosters, 1/4 at most. Look nice, just not pure aseels.
NewHennie.jpg

Young Aseel, notice the sloped tail and wing position

ok, thanks so much! I think I'll just stick with my cochins. Thats about the only breed I know anything about
lol.png

i breed aseels and i that is not one it does look like it has some traits but that could be alot of diffrent kind of game chicks

Back
Top Bottom