Asphalt millings

Rob1975

Hatching
Mar 24, 2015
Hamburg, Ny
I just had my driveway done with asphalt millings and my chickens keep trying to eat it. Is this going to kill them? They free range and I don't have a fenced in area to keep them in. PLEASE HELP!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/258877/fresh-asphalt-driveway-pavement-harmful
Hope this helps!
Good luck!
woot.gif

Our driveway is the same. Really nice, water percolates through it, minimizing runoff. My chickens aren't interested in it, they run across as fast as they can to get to the clover and dandelions.

I just had my driveway done with asphalt millings and my chickens keep trying to eat it. Is this going to kill them? They free range and I don't have a fenced in area to keep them in. PLEASE HELP!!
I know this is an old thread, but we may be using asphalt millings to fill our driveway. How did it turn out for your chickens? Did they eat a lot? Did it impact their health?

Our driveway is the same. Really nice, water percolates through it, minimizing runoff. My chickens aren't interested in it, they run across as fast as they can to get to the clover and dandelions.
So @Gargoyle your driveway is asphalt millings and your chickens have never gotten sick from eating loose pieces and they pretty much leave it alone?

So @Gargoyle your driveway is asphalt millings and your chickens have never gotten sick from eating loose pieces and they pretty much leave it alone?
They run across to get to the grass and weeds. I keep an eye on them when they're near it, because I don't know what it would do if they ate it. (probably would either turn into grit or into sticky goop in their crop, I hope not the later).

Back
Top Bottom