I have a Serama chick that was trying to hatch since Monday morning. It wasnt making any real progress so I read and read on assisting. I tried to help a little tonight but it got the chick nowhere. The membrane looked totally dried out. I got worried and it was getting late so I decided to help it more and more. I ended up getting it out. Now it's in the incubator cheeping and cheeping. I feel so accomplished! Now hopefully it will live. I know it was stuck so I'm pretty sure I did nothing wrong by helping it out. Still nervous though. The last chick hatched in my bator didn't make it. Not sure why. It was sad.