Assorted Bantams Breed and Gender?

amity80

In the Brooder
Jul 21, 2023
I got four assorted bantams from my local tractor supply. I've had full sized girls for over four years (Rhode island reds, cream leg bars, black jersey giants, leghorns etc) but never bantams. My understanding is that bantams aren't usually gendered. My chicks are now 11-12 weeks (3mos) old, and I'm trying to get a gauge on their gender (I got them when they were close to two weeks so the wing feathers had already grown in for that type of gendering.) It's tough because while I am pretty confident that the two brown ones are Old English Red bantams, and appear to both be girls based on lovely rounded feathers and duller brown coloring, I'm not 100% sure of the breed of the two "grey/white" ones, so I don't know how they are supposed to develop. I was thinking lavender pekin, or porcelain d'uccle, or booted bantams. Also the combs on the white ones are coming in much bigger and faster than the combs on the brown ones but that may just be the breed. One of the white ones (Scone) is smaller than the other (Vanilla), but the bigger one's comb seems to be a little lighter in color and she? doesn't seem to have the waddles as developed. Then again they don't look that different. Both white ones are also a scruffy mess when it comes to feathers, so I just can't tell if they are boys or girls or one of each? Anyway, here are the pictures. Any help would be appreciated!
Pics
Note: it only allows me to add pictures as a link so I had a hard time adding pics.

Back
Top Bottom