AT LAST -----AN EGG

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sundance, Oct 9, 2007.

1. [​IMG]I got my RIR's from McMurray hatcherys on May 21, and have really been getting antsy about no eggs My DH even more so than me, but today they laid not only one but 2, I had to call everyobne and let them know. My dh tried to bust my bubble about them since they were small but i told him FINALLY we were getting eggs so now he couldn't bbq them. I told all of them what good girls they were even tho i didn't know which 2 laid the eggs, i was proud of all of them .

Mother to 24 RIR.1 pit bull dog, 1 poodle mix, and l yorkie, and oh yes my in the dog house at the moment DH.

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats.......always fun , that first egg !

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    What's for dinner - scambled eggs? Congrats!! The first ones taste the best too. [​IMG]

4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Congrats on the eggs [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chick-e-pie

chick-e-pie Out Of The Brooder

Yippee for you. My hens are "about" the same age as yours. I'm getting eggs from my Dominiques but not the other slackers. I keep checking and checking and checking.

I did finally get a FULL SIZED egg today. Not one of the tiny ones we've been getting. Isn't it exciting when the eggs come!!

[​IMG]

6. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Congrat's on your first eggs!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by