1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

At last !!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by De Wet, Jan 15, 2013.

1. De Wet

De Wet Chillin' With My Peeps

the arival of my new pair of blue eared pheasants [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Congrats.my friend. My fav eared pheasant. Enjoy! Hope they do well for you. Shawn

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Congradulations on your new kids.What's next on your bucket list?Brown eareds would be a nice addition.What does your collection consist of now?
    In N.H.,Tony.

4. De Wet

thanks

this is my species with new species

blue eared(new entry)
    reeves
    swinhoes
    silver
    goldens
    lady amherst(new entry)
    melanistic
    yellow throat spur fowl francolin
    chukars(new entry)
    californian quials(new entry)
    mexican specales bobwhites(new entry)
    japenesse quail
    chinese button quail
    guineas
    peacock(indian blue s)
    turkeys

brown earred pheasant still tyo exspensive here but I will check the later stage of the year for
    vulturine guineas and the end of the year elioits and grey peacock pheasants

thanks

5. Lophura

Lophura Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri
    Forgive me, have a bunch of questions about South African aviculture!!

What are the export/import laws like for South Africa? Are you able to trade with other African countries? I've seen only about a handful of aviculturists (yourself included) online from SA, I take it there are many more who just are not online? What your laws regarding native birds? I know there are several francolin species & guineafowl subspecies in South Africa, do they prohibit you from keeping native birds?

Finally, I will admit, my favorite South African export of all time....... Charlize Theron!!!

Dan

6. De Wet

hi

i m not yet on the import and export calibre yet but theire are breeders which done it and we have laws here like the quaratine laws etc but the problem is the laws is sometimes not guarded and people do what they like. Trade with other african countries are only a couple of countries, I think namibie doing well a ex south african province, Yes I beliieve their is other breeders which I do not know and good importers but you guys in the states have more and cheaper species I think. South African only start import birds in the 90 s after the sanctions lifted thats why we behind but I think we do well so far because here are some breeders with the south american galiformes species. Yes if you keep native birds you must have permits some guineas which is domesticated you don t need one or any mutation of any kind you don t need it. We do a lot have francolin species here and I think to guinea species which one is the crested guinea. West africa is also a good importer where the stone partridge, yellow spurfowl, crowned cranes and arabian partidges is been imported but this birds value drop rapidly because the lesser colour in them, ornamental stays the favourite...

Charlize theron is a good export i think better than arnold vosloo

7. De Wet

finally my blue ears in their avairy...
    [​IMG]

8. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Sweet! Plus you have a nice assortment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by