At what age do you wean goats???

I am curious as to what age goats are supposed to be weaned from their momma's. We have two 6 week old goats (just found out their age today) and I'm not certain that they are supposed to be away from their momma yet. I had no idea they were that young when I bought them a week ago. They are doing great and eating lots, so I guess they will be fine. I am just a bit frustrated that they sold them to me so young.
hmm.png
At the time I bought them, they couldn't exactly remember how old they were and said that they would get back to me on it.
Everyone has their own opinion, from 2 to 4 months, but agreed, they should have told you the age so you could bottle feed them. Afraid they would lose the sale. I've bought plenty of babies 3 weeks and under, but I bottle feed them until they are 3 to 4 months. I have a little buckling right now that is a monster. He's Nubian, 2 months old, and 22 inches tall at the withers. His dad is a huge buck and his grandam was a big doe too. she died giving birth to triplets this year. Rickie is out of her daughter and its her first freshening so I'm sure she'll be bigger in the end. Don't worry, you'll be ok. Sounds like they are doing fine. I think they were Nigerian in your pic and they are a hardy little goat. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom