At what point do you have a chicken problem?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Fredster, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Fredster

Fredster Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Alabama
    For some time, I've not known just how many chickens we have. With the two back-to-back hatches we just had that added 41 new chicks, I *think* we have about 110 chickens.

Three coops, three yards, all with chickens...and another 42 eggs going into the incubator tomorrow or Thursday.

So when do we consider it "having a chicken problem?" [​IMG]

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    The first time you post a picture online, show a pic from your cellphone, or start a sentence with the phrase "my chickens...".

You have a problem.

3. Chicken Lil

Chicken Lil Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG]

I'm in trouble than!!![​IMG]

4. ntiveheart

ntiveheart Chillin' With My Peeps

i would say when you tell your spouse "there are no more eggs en route" when 6 folks have eggs in the mail to you, you have a problem.

when you HAVE to buy another bator to accommodate the eggs en route, you have a problem.

when you eat peanut butter for 2 weeks to afford bc marans eggs, you have a problem.

when you have 200 chicks brooding in the living room, you have a problem

when you qualify for a discount on poultry wire at the hardware store, you have a problem

when you have as many pictures of your poultry as you have of your children, you have a problem

need i go on?

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    LOL. When you auction off your kids for chicken scratch

6. exsia

exsia Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2009
    Damascus, Oregon
    Is having a 3 car garage full of brooders and incubator considered having a problem? [​IMG]

7. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    exsia, that's a little crazy... I'd do the same, but we ain't got a garage! I just have them in my Bedroom, I have as many as my nose can bear!

8. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    When you just get excited by the thought of "chick days at the feedstore" and you have 100 hens in the hen house... you have a problem.

9. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I keep calling the feed store.. "got em yet? : NO: WELL HURRY UP: We said we'd call..." My best friend works there. I used to work at the other one in town, but she laid me off [​IMG] I guess in winter the business ain't good

10. Fredster

Fredster Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Alabama
    You guys make me feel like maybe I'm not in such bad shape after all. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by