athlete foot spray for vent gleet (same ingredient as monistat)

Jenjens

Songster
Jun 5, 2019
IL
I won't get the anti fungal medicine until Monday and she looks to be in pain. I read other threads where people suggested using monistat to the vent area for some help. I would rather just spray something instead of rubbing so it doesn't hurt her. The active ingredient in the athlete foot spray is the same as the active ingredient in Monistat. It is a powder spray. Do ya'll think this is doable?

Thank you
This is the product
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/w...pray,-miconazole-nitrate/ID=300437746-product

Sure, it won't hurt to give her butt a blast to curb the discomfort, which can be considerable. But gleet originates deep inside the chicken and dousing the butt with an antifungal only treats one end of the problem, ignoring the entire rest of the digestive tract where the fungus is having a "parents-are-away-let's-party" hoe-down.

Epsom salts is a good anti-fungal. I highly recommend tubing into the chicken an Epsom salt )magnesium sulfate) solution to flush the entire digestive tract, thus saturating the intestinal environment to target the entire population of fungal miscreants.

If you would rather not tube, you can give Epsom salt solution as the only water source for one or two days and see how that works. The tubing method is much more thorough since you would be doing it twice a day for three days in a row. There wouldn't be much left of the fungus after that.

The dosage for tubing is one teaspoon Epsom salts to one-half cup warm water 2xday for 3 days. Plain drinking water should be given in between tubings. The drinking water solution is one-teaspoon Epsom salts to one-fourth cup warm water as the only drinking water source for one or two days.

I won't get the anti fungal medicine until Monday and she looks to be in pain. I read other threads where people suggested using monistat to the vent area for some help. I would rather just spray something instead of rubbing so it doesn't hurt her. The active ingredient in the athlete foot spray is the same as the active ingredient in Monistat. It is a powder spray. Do ya'll think this is doable?

Thank you
This is the product
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-athlete's-foot-powder-spray,-miconazole-nitrate/ID=300437746-product
Do you have photos of her vent?

Back
Top Bottom