Atlas the Chicken Tender

Hi, my name is Atlas!

I've had chickens for most of my life. The first two we had were unfortunately roosters that my great uncle didn't want anymore, but it's been a great experience.
Currently, my husband and I have 8 birds of all different breeds, including a golden comet, a black olive egger, a black copper Maran, a cream legbar, an Ameraucana, a white Easter egger, a dark brahma, and a lavender Orpington. The last five are all younger birds that are just barely starting to give their big girl bawks.

I really got into chicken keeping because I just love chicken antics. They're absolutely hilarious, especially when bringing out favored treats like blueberries. Chicken keeping also gives me something meaningful to do and gives my family and I a good source of high quality eggs. In addition to tending chickens, I also enjoy knitting, drawing, cooking, writing, gardening, really anything creative.

I work for a company that provides support services to intellectually and developmentally disabled adults. It is quite rewarding.

I found BYC through a search engine whenever my chickens had an issue that I didn't know about. Heck, I'm still learning new things about chickens even today. What finally prompted me to join here was a problem that I am having with one of my younger birds. I will put that in a more relevant post, though.
Welcome to BYC!!

:frow Welcome from New Orleans. BYC is a great place to find answers to your problems. You may get opinions from people who do not agree with each other. Some people are best known for knowledge on different problems, you will soon know who they are. In the mean time, please join us as we try to figure out the Chicken world.
Could I ask, please, how I can join you on the discussion on your new thread? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom