Attempt #2

Limpyduck

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 8, 2014
Nevada
So we are going to set a dozen more eggs on the 1st of May. It will be our last try for awhile because my husband doesn't want to run the incubator for another 3 weeks( again), and we don't really need to hatch any since we've ordered several, but it's still good experience.

Take a milk cap or juice cap and fill with salt. Add drops of water while tapping the side until saturated. Pour off standing water.

Put cap and hygrometer into a zip seal sandwich or quart bag and wait at least 4 hours.

Note your hygrometer reading. A salt environment will be exactly 75%. Subtract your reading from 75.

Write on a piece of masking tape your calibration number and stick to incubator as a reminder.

Ex. Your reading is 84%. 75-84= -9. You'll always subtract 9 from your readings for true RH.

Also I use an oral thermometer to calibrate the thermometer in incubator and fine tune the temp. Depending if your using a still air or forced air it's a bit different how you'd do that.

My daughter set our new eggs today.

fl.gif

My daughter candled the eggs yesterday and said all of them(minus the green ones) were looking promising. Sorry there aren't any photos, maybe day 14.

Back
Top Bottom