Attention Rockwall Tx Backyard Chicken Lovers!!! MUST READ!!!

Texas SB1620 that would allow us to keep up to 6 backyard chickens is still on the table. On May 20, 2017, it was voted on and passed by the House Committee on Urban Affairs. Unfortunately, the session was adjourned before it could be voted on by the House of Representatives.
Next session isn't until 2019. We have plenty of time to reorganize and at least show support for SB1620! After the Governor signs, then Rockwall can only impose reasonable restrictions on our beloved girls - not ban them altogether. By the way, did you know that you are allowed to have a pot-bellied PIG in the city limits of Rockwall?!

Any new update on being able to have chickens in our yard like other cities? Anything I can do or join to help make this happen? I am a new member so I just joined this thread. Thanks!!!

New member here-- hope I'm not stepping on toes by posting this.

Is anyone revisiting this issue? Our neighbors in Dallas, Rowlett, and Heath can all keep back yard chickens within reasonable guidelines. Those of us keeping small, clean, quiet flocks in Rockwall would love to be in compliance with the city instead of worrying that our neighbors will tattle on us.
How do yall know Heath allows BYCs? is this listed somewhere? in their code and ordinances for animals it says no chickens unless ur land is Ag land However i see alot of chicken coops in heath out in the open, is there some cite where i can find this? or is it via word of mouth? thank you just making sure i follow the laws

Back
Top Bottom