Attention those participating in the "Am I The Only Kid Here" thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Why?

No offense intended!! Just didn't want to beat a dead horse---especially with Barg's child feeling bad about it and having this post pop up all the time. That is all I meant.

Hi Barg, Husband and Family.

I just wanted to state that I was not applauding about your daughters thread being deleted, rather that the staff at BYC are aware and will take percautions so that all our children are safe.

Perhaps it may be possible that there is an addition to BYC just for kids? When they sign up for an account, none of their information will be displayed. Just a suggestion?

Very sorry about your daughter, and I understand how this would upset her and your family. I hope you do not leave this forum over an issue that hopefully is now resolved. I agree that this thread be closed and we move on. I can tell that you and your husband are good parents. Chickens are a joy to everyone, lets just have good safe fun.

Jase

I don't want to alarm anyone...

but I am really only 3 years old...I am a true poultry prodigy. Please don't delete my posts...
D.gif

Quote:
Sorry if I'm completely clueless on this. I only read the post when it first came up, then this latest page (so I have not read every single post in this thread).

But it sounds as though this is a very reasonable request and might actually be more helpful. As a parent, I would be more likely to stop and read the post with Barg's suggested subject line than the current one. And certainly, if it is causing his family any upset, than why keep the current subject line?

Just my .02. I appreciate the work the moderators put into this site, as well as all of the help I've received from members, including Barg. Would love to see an amicable resolution reached soon.

It seems that with a forum this large that eventually someones toes are going to get stepped on. I have had mine stepped on and have seen other individuals get offended too. There have been other individuals pointed out, either by the mods or members (we all know how the "dog" threads go).
wink.png

I got over it and am still posting. I sincerely can't understand the reason for all the emotion and upset. It is a business decision of the mods and it IS their site. And FYI I am NOT typing this with an attitude. I just am not seeing where a childs life would be devistated over this. Real life in the real world is being told "no" often, and being corrected-children need to learn that as well as adults.

I am reading that the parent seems more upset than the child. And if the child is truly that upset, that maybe the parent can email the mods directly to resolve this. Or maybe it's best to not be involved in forums where offense can easily occur-becuase they can occur, and people get upset often as we come from all walks of life and have very differing opinions.

Last edited:
Alright, my dears...everyone has had a say and I respect everyone's feelings on the subject.
I feel that it's clear that no offense has been intended, and that the primary message of internet safety has been made clear...

I close this thread now with respect and thanks to all who participated...
Kids, if there is anything anyone says here on BYC makes you uncomfortable, I want you to tell me.

In feathered safety,
CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom